Getting Started - Linux
Step 1: Download and Install the LDraw Library
- Go to the LDraw.org download page and download the latest
complete.zipin the directory of your choice - we recommend
~/ldraw/if you don't want to worry about file permissions.
Step 2: Install LDCad
- Go to http://www.melkert.net/LDCad and download the Linux version of LDCad
- Unzip the package into the directory of your choice
- Run LDCad
- When asked for the location of the LDraw Library, use the directory where you unzipped
Step 2b: Other editors
- The Konstruktor editor is also under development and may offer an alternative to LDCad.
Step 3: Dive in
Learning how to use your new editor or understanding the LDraw file format may be a challenge, but with a little practice you will get the hang of it. Check out the tutorials on the wiki or on the main website.
Need help with any of this? Visit the LDraw.org Forums and ask a large group of users for help.