LEGO Software Power Tools
|LEGO Software Power Tools|
LEGO Software Power Tools is a guide to building virtual models using the LDraw system of tools. The book was supplied with a CD-ROM that contained the software covered by the book. Instructions are also included for building an AT-ST from the Star Wars film Return of the Jedi.
Earlier versions of the book were titled LEGO Software Power Tools including LDraw, LPub and LEdit.
The following is a list of some of the tools covered in the book:
It is now out of print.
- A LEGO CAD System
- LDraw: A Virtual LEGO System
- MLCad 101
- Modeling with MLCad
- MLCad's Output
- LSynth: A Bendable-Part Synthesizer
- L3P and POV-Ray
- Going Beyond: LEGO Resources
- AT-ST Building Instructions
LEGO Master Builders have created a powerful set of tools that are distributed as freeware to the LEGO community to assist LEGO fans in their building adventures. Until now, there tools have been difficult to find, and even more difficult to configure to work with one another. Here, in one book, readers will find steps for installing and using all of the most popular LEGO freeware applications. Also, all of the applications are consolidated into one simple-to-install program that allows readers to be up and running in minutes.
- LDraw is the standard file format used today in LEGO CAD with over 2,000 types of virtual LEGO parts in its parts library.
- Allows user to see a graphical representation of virtual LEGO models. Use MLCad to create any LEGO model, regardless of size.
- Converts standard LDraw files into a format that POV-Ray can use.
- Create and incorporate detailed flexible parts into virtual LEGO modes, including chains, hoses, and more!
- This sophisticated rendering program simulates lighting environments in images, allowing readers to create amazing effects with finished images.
- Allows readers to create professional-quality building instructions for their custom LEGO models.
- LEGO Software Power Tools on BrickLink