Difference between revisions of "Macintosh-Compatible LDraw Software"
m (→Web: duh)
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
== Web ==
== Web ==
Although not strictly Macintosh oriented, [[
Although not strictly Macintosh oriented, [[|web based]] LDraw tools are accessible to Mac users.
Revision as of 22:43, 14 March 2010
This is an inventory of Macintosh compatible LDraw software. Everyone is encouraged to contribute updates, clarifications, and corrections to this page. The objective is to compile and maintain a definitive list of the tools Mac users have at their disposal to work with the LDraw system.
These programs can be used to create LDraw models.
- Bricksmith: Arguably the premier Macintosh LDraw editor. Features a minifig editor, mouse-based part movement (as well as keyboard controls), and a searchable part browser.
- ldglite: Keyboard oriented editor with numerous options. Faithful to the original LDraw and LEdit interface.
- LEGO Digital Designer: Limited translation between LDraw and LDD format is possible.
- BrickDraw3D: Features drag-and-drop part insertion and movement.
This editor no longer seems to be available:
These programs are primarily intended to view existing LDraw models.
- LDView: Robust viewer with fly-through mode, automatic part downloading, and numerous rendering options.
- L3Lab: Viewer with many useful options including an "exploded" view.
- LCX: Experimental viewer with BFC tools and a rudimentary text-based editor.
Create step-by-step instructions to show others how to build your models.
- LPub: Page layout program to create building instructions for LDraw models.
Most of these utilities are command line programs, so some familiarity with the Terminal is needed to use them.
- LSculpt: Generate "studs-out" LDraw surfaces from arbitrary 3D models.
- LSynth and LSynth Service: Synthesize flexible elements like hoses and chains. 
- L3P and L3P Launcher: Convert LDraw files to POV-Ray format for high-quality rendering. LGEO parts can be substituted. 
- PreL3P: Convert newer color codes to a format understood by L3P.
- txt2dat: Generate textual LDraw stickers.
- Isecalc: Compute part intersections.
- Linetrim: Clip lines against surfaces.
- Planarcheck: Test quadrilateral coplanarity.
- Coverer: Generate a sheet of triangles and quads between lines.
- Ytruder: Another way to generate a sheet of triangles and quads.
- TextWrangler LDraw Kit and ldlocate: Improve TextWrangler's ability to edit LDraw files.
- LDraw-mode for Emacs: Adds functionality for working with LDraw files to the Emacs editor. 
- img2sticker: Convert images to optimized LDraw stickers. 
- LDMerge: Merge and un-merge separate LDraw part libraries.
- Part Search Services: Look up selected part information in popular databases.
- l2rib: Convert LDraw models to RenderMan format.
- LDTrim: Reformat LDraw code for clarity and consistency.
Although not strictly Macintosh oriented, web based LDraw tools are accessible to Mac users.