Macintosh-Compatible LDraw Software
This is an inventory of Macintosh compatible LDraw software. Everyone is encouraged to contribute updates, clarifications, and corrections to this page. The objective is to compile and maintain a definitive list of the tools Mac users have at their disposal to work with the LDraw system.
These programs can be used to create LDraw models.
- Bricksmith: Arguably the premier Macintosh LDraw editor. Features a minifig editor, mouse-based part movement (as well as keyboard controls), and a searchable part browser.
- ldglite: Keyboard oriented editor with numerous options. Faithful to the original LDraw and LEdit interface.
- LEGO Digital Designer: Limited conversion between LDraw and LDD formats is possible.
- BrickDraw3D: Features drag-and-drop part insertion and movement.
These programs are primarily intended to view existing LDraw models.
- LDView: Robust viewer with fly-through mode, automatic part downloading, and numerous rendering options.
- L3Lab: Viewer with many useful options including an "exploded" view.
- LCX: Experimental viewer with BFC tools and a rudimentary text-based editor.
Create step-by-step instructions to show others how to build your models.
- LPub: Page layout program to create building instructions for LDraw models.
Most of these utilities are command line programs, so some familiarity with the Terminal is needed to use them.
- LSculpt: Generate "studs-out" LDraw surfaces from arbitrary 3D models.
- LSynth and LSynth Service: Synthesize flexible elements like hoses and chains.
- L3P and L3P Launcher: Convert LDraw files to POV-Ray format for high-quality rendering. LGEO parts can be substituted. 
- PreL3P: Convert newer color codes to a format understood by L3P.
- txt2dat: Generate textual LDraw stickers.
- Isecalc: Compute part intersections.
- Linetrim: Clip lines against surfaces.
- Planarcheck: Test quadrilateral coplanarity.
- Coverer: Generate a sheet of triangles and quads between lines.
- Ytruder: Another way to generate a sheet of triangles and quads.
- TextWrangler LDraw Kit and ldlocate: Improve TextWrangler's ability to edit LDraw files.
- LDraw-mode for Emacs: Adds functionality for working with LDraw files to the Emacs editor. 
- img2sticker: Convert images to optimized LDraw stickers. 
- LDMerge: Merge and un-merge separate LDraw part libraries.
- Part Search Services: Look up selected part information in popular databases.
- l2rib: Convert LDraw models to RenderMan format.
- LDTrim: Reformat LDraw code for clarity and consistency.
Although not strictly Macintosh oriented, web based LDraw tools are accessible to Mac users.